Diesel Engine Oil
Diesel is big industry. It’s the most economically efficient engine for the heavy duty work required in transportation, farming, construction and the military. Because it’s a workhorse, the diesel engine is bigger and heavier than a gasoline engine, has more power than torque, higher compression ratio and vibration levels. It also needs specific qualities in a lubricant.
Diesel engine oil requires more detergent additives than regular motor oil, because the heat and combustion occurring within the engine creates a high level of soot and contaminants. The oil needs to be very viscous to accommodate the high heat of operation but still be able to be pumped at low start-up temperatures. And it has to compensate for the zinc, lead and phosphorus resulting from combustion that can gunk up a catalytic converter and prevent clean emission.
PennGrade Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil
The foundation of our diesel oil is 100 percent pure Pennsylvania-grade crude group II base stocks, known for its quality, and advanced technology detergents, dispersants, antiwear, and anticorrosion additives that provide protection against engine sludge, varnish formation, scuffing and wear and high temperature oil thickening. These oils support high output, neutralizing corrosive acids from combustion and enabling shear stability for stay-in-grade viscosity performance.
The result is high performance and:
- Easy starting
- Soot thickening control
- Improved seal compatibility
- Increased wear protection at low temperature start-up
- Improved oil life for extended drain intervals
- Oxidation stability at higher oil temperatures
PennGrade’s Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oils are available in three multi-viscosity grades and contain quality base oils and high performance additives:
- The SAE 30 and SAE 40 viscosities are fit for use in the following applications: API Service Categories CF, CF- 2/SG, Ford M2C153-C, Caterpillar Series 3, Mack EO-K, MIL-L-2104C, Detroit Diesel Corporation Series 53, 71 & 92 two-stroke cycle diesel engines
- The SAE 10W viscosity meets API Service Category CF
H.D. DEO 15W40 (CI-4 SL) (7177)
- High performance multi-viscosity and universal; can be used in both naturally aspirated and turbo-charged diesel engines, designed for over-the-road and off-road diesel engines
- Best for high-speed marine engines, over-the-road trucks, agricultural equipment, construction and mining equipment, and stationary diesel engines. It is suitable for use in most domestic and imported diesel and gasoline engines requiring an API CI-4/SL fluid
H.D. DEO 15W40 (CH-4, SJ) (7190)
- Premium engine oil designed for all-season use in over-the-road and off-road diesel equipment
- Best for mixed fleet applications that include naturally aspirated and turbo-charged diesel engines
H.D. Prem. Plus DEO 15W40 (CJ-4 SM) (7196)
- Best for traditional applications, such as construction, mining, agricultural, and stationary engines. This is truly a ‘universal’ product as it meets API’s SM performance for gasoline engines and mixed fleets which can assist in consolidation of engine oils
H.D. DEO 10W30 (CJ-4 SM) (7198)
- Best for mixed fleet applications that include naturally aspirated and turbo-charged diesel engines as well as gasoline engines requiring API Service Category SM
H.D. DEO 10W30 (CI-4 SL) (7204)
- Best for naturally aspirated and turbo-charged diesel engines, including marine engines, highway tractors, and agricultural, construction, mining, and earth moving equipment. It is recommended for applications where API Service CI-4, CH-4, CG-4 CF/SL oils are specified
H.D. DEO 10W CF (7191)
- API Service Categories CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF/SJ; Allison C-4; Caterpillar ECF-1-a; Mack EO-M Plus, EO-M; Cummins CES 20076, CES 20072; DDC MTU Type 1; Ford M2C153-E; Volvo VDS-2.
H.D. DEO 30 CF (7193)
- Best for: API Service Categories CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF/SJ; Allison C-4; Caterpillar ECF-1-a; Mack EO-M Plus, EO-M; Cummins CES 20076, CES 20072; DDC MTU Type 1; Ford M2C153-E; Volvo VDS-2
H.D. DEO 40 CF (7194)
- API Service Categories CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF/SJ; Allison C-4; Caterpillar ECF-1-a; Mack EO-M Plus, EO-M; Cummins CES 20076, CES 20072; DDC MTU Type 1; Ford M2C153-E; Volvo VDS-2
Questions? Ask us. Know what you need? Shop now for PennGrade diesel oil.